A Unique Dental Training Story
Dr. Binkowski graduated from Creighton University School of Dentistry, after receiving an Air Force Health Professions scholarship. He continued his education during his active duty in the Air Force from 2011 to 2015, where he was commissioned as a Captain. He spent an extra year learning clinical procedures from several board-certified specialists in the Air Force’s Advanced Education in General Dentistry program at Offutt AFB in Omaha. He was ranked one of the top residents in his class for his clinical ability and treatment planning capabilities, as well as treating multidisciplinary complex dental cases. After, he volunteered for an assignment at a clinic in Eielson AFB in Alaska, where he provided a variety of dental services to the active-duty population, such as the removal of fully impacted wisdom teeth, periodontal surgery, endodontics, prosthodontics and IV sedation.
Story City Dental Oral Surgery Procedures
- Simple extractions (no sectioning of tooth or bone)
- Surgical extractions (tooth is sectioned in to several pieces to remove, or bone is removed around the tooth)
- Wisdom tooth removal (all types)
- Soft tissue impactions (fully covered or partially covered with soft tissue)
- Part boney impactions (less than 50% of crown of the tooth is covered in bone)
- Full boney impactions (more than 50% of the crown of the tooth is covered in bone)
- Full mouth extractions (for dentures)
- Alveoloplasty/tori reduction/pre-prosthetic surgery
- Socket preservation (in anticipation of implant placement later)
- Implant site development (limited case by case basis)
- Implant placement (including immediate placement when possible)
IV sedation can be an option for any of these treatments to make you more comfortable during the procedure. And since we offer these services in-house, we don’t charge a consultation fee for non-patients of record (people looking to only have this done and go back to their dental home), and we provide services off a general dentistry fee schedule, meaning for those that have dental insurance benefits, they will go farther.