Dental emergency, tooth pain or both?
Emergencies tend to happen at the most inconvenient times. From our office’s experience, we find they tend to arise at higher frequencies just before a holiday weekend, just before you’re heading out of town for vacation, when you’re on your way to a special event, or as you’re trying to get through your work day.
However unexpected your emergency may be, don’t worry — Story City Dental is here to provide you with efficient emergency dental care.
Before your call, please prepare the following information to share with our staff:
- Your level of pain and how long you’ve been in pain.
- When you are available to come see us.
- Any health history issues that might affect treatment.
- Any medications you are taking for the dental emergency.
What to expect when you arrive at our office:
- We’ll take an X-ray of the painful area, and one of our dentists will perform a gentle exam to diagnose the source of the problem.
- Our dentist will provide you with a treatment plan that specifically outlines costs and insurance coverage.
- Depending on the required procedure, we’ll do our best to provide same-day treatment.
Tooth pain can mean many different things, from the need for a root canal or extraction to the presence of a cavity. But tooth pain doesn’t always mean that a root canal or extraction will be necessary. Please call our office to have the dentist assess your pain and diagnose its cause.